Saturday, December 02, 2006

No Title Seems To Fit

My dad passed away last Tuesday. Succumbed to emphysema. My heart is heavy, but I, and the family, are relieved at the same time. His quality of life had been horrible for the last few years, but especially the last one. He knew he would not make it through the holidays and said as much. I got to Washington with time enough to tell him I loved him through a window of consciousness, but also watch the man who was my father suffer through greater pain than I can possibly fathom as his system slowly shut down.

I am composing a post to honor him, but will not have time to finish. Greg and I are heading to San Luis Obisbo this afternoon for his company Christmas party, and since I just got home from Washington last night, there are lots of things to catch up on. Bills, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post, Sonic. My thoughts are with you, as trite as that may sound. Losing my dad 13 years ago was the greatest blow that ever befell me, but it did force me to grow up....

Anonymous said...

Sonic, my prayers are with you and your family. I can't imagine Christmas without my dad, though I know I will have to some day. I hope that you have this holiday to ponder thoughts of love of your family, through good times and bad. Lots of love from TX.