Friday, July 01, 2005

My First Album


Corey over at OPIEblue got me thinking about the first LP I ever bought. It was "Out of Sight" by K-Tel, released in 1975 (ish). It featured "Rock the Boat" by Hues Corp., "Having My Baby" by Paul Anka, "I've Got The Music in Me" by Kiki Dee, and "The Streak" by Ray Stevens. THIS is the only decent link I could find so far, but it does list the tracks on the album. I don't remember just why I had to spend my hard-earned allowance on this, but there it is. The next album I remember buying was Foriegner's debut album in 1977. I think I still have it. Why did I wait so long between LP purchases??? Maybe I was traumatized by the realization that I had blown my hard-earned allowance on K-tel's "Out of Sight".

1 comment:

sleepybomb said...

that is some funny shit frogman.
i actually have no idea what my 1st lp was, i need to think about this. it may be selective memory, my purchase my have been worse than yours...